Monday, March 16, 2009

Wrangler Team Roping - Ogden, UT.

Our weekend trip to Ogden was a fun one. The weather was so beautiful!!!! . . . The team roping was inside which was kinda a bumber considering how nice it was. Being in the nice warm (no snow) weather, made me crave for spring to really get here . . . FAST! Before we roped Hazen had to try out his skills on mommy's horse. I'm telling ya'll he's a natural, & honestly it's something he loves & has loved from day one. He was on cloud 9 all weekend. :)
Doug & I had lots of fun roping. We didn't come home with any earnings, but it was fun, & good practice for me cuz I had never roped in a big roping like that before. I roped in the #6 team roping which was actually a bit of a mistake on our part. It was really competitive! There were almost 4oo teams! It was fun to get the feel of it though. Maybe one day I'll get good enough to win something . . . but for now, I'm just happy to be out having fun & being w/ my family.

9 comments:

Liz  said...

Way to go! I didn't know you roped, that is awesome! Hazen is cute as ever!

Stewart Family said...

Kensie! Cute blog, I have been such a slacker with blogs since little Chloe came along. I love all the pics. Hazen is such a little stud. I started playing volleyball again if you want to come some time. It is on Wednesday nights at 9:00.

Curtis and Crystal said...

Look at that cute cowboy!! Looks like you have a pro roper on your hands. CUTE CUTE CUTE

Missy said...

Hey! It was so good to see you guys...ironic you left me a message on my blog the same day! You guys need to come to dinner or play with us sometime...Hazen and Addy would love eachother!! And when you say I look amazing compared to who? The Micheline Man? :O) You are too sweet!

The McClellan Family said...

Good for you to get out and rope and ride! I haven't been on a horse since 4-H! I bet it was intimidating to compete! Hazen already looks like a seasoned cowboy!

Curtis and Crystal said...

Hey Kensie. Brody turns 2 on April 3rd. So they are really close in age. And actualy we live in Twin Falls now. We've been here for about 3 1/2 years. But we are in Rigby a lot to see my family and would love to get together. Plus if you guys are ever passing by the Twin area we would love you to stop by and see us. Twin Falls is so beautiful. My e-mail address is clcloveless@hotmail.com if you want to give me your phone number and we can get in contact that way too. Talk to ya later.

The Hokansons said...

Too cute Kens. He looks just like mini Doug on that horse. I love that little tird!!!!:)
See ya Saturday hopefully, Love Tyree.

Womack Family said...

Hey Kensi! What a real cowboy. He's grown so much. I hope you have a wonderful Easter weekend. Tell your family hello for me.

Kelli said...

Kensie, it was really good to see you too. Hazen is such a cutie! I am so glad that you have a blog and that we can keep in touch. It was fun to see Kurt and Dane's families (so cute!). Take care.