Sunday, February 22, 2009

"My Cowboy Hat!"

So the other day we made a quick visit to CAL- Ranch . . . Well, we thought it'd be a quick visit until we came across this "Cowboy Hat" Hazen had in mind for himself! :)
While Doug was grabbing some lights he needed for fixing the trailer, Hazen & I made a trip to the other side of the store to grab some much needed pants for Hazen . . . he's growing too fast & his others are starting to become "high waters" on him . . . Long story short, Hazen grabs this black hat off the rack while I'm debating between jeans. He tells me "Mommy it's My Cowboy Hat!" So instead of having him scream the whole way through the store I let him wear it up to the front. Big mistake. He figured he had it on & he wasn't taking it off. Doug attempted to grab it as we pulled into the check out line & Hazen said, "Stop it Daddy, it's My Cowboy Hat!" Doug looked at me, looked at the check out girl, & handed her the hat. She rang it up . . .
Hazen then replied "Thank You Daddy . . . it's My Cowboy Hat!" . . . This silly lil man obviously loved this hat. How cute it was to see the smile on his face when Doug handed it back to him & reminded me & the check out girl to "Never bring Hazen back inside that store." . . . Yeah right DADDY!!!! :)
We all know better . . . Doug's gonna give Hazen plenty more trips back to Cal Ranch. Besides, He was so excited when we got home. He hurried & grabbed his horse "Harvey" . . . smiled, laughed & shouted "Yeah Haw . . . Yah Hoo . . . I'm a Cowboy!" Just like Tyrone on the Backyardigans . . . his favorite show! :) He was so happy he was giving Harvey "Wuvs, & Tisses" Or Loves & Kisses however ya wanna say it.

8 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
snow family said...

Yee-haw... thats dang cute. I love little boys with cowboy stuff! I like his horses name too!

Liz  said...

Hazen is the cutest little cowboy! Of course he needed a hat to ride that horse:)

Cunning said...

He is so stinkin' cute!!! Love the cowboy stuff!

Kellie said...

Hey Kenzie! I just found your blog from Tiffany's. Cute hat story! Anything to avoid the fit in the middle of the store, right?
Well, take care! =)
Kellie

brookiebaby said...

I think that the cowboy blood runs through his veins...he has no choice but to HAVE to have that hat!!! haha! plus he looks soooo dang adorable in it!!!! What a sweetie! oh whatcha gonna do with a cowboy?? Like Garth says! Ryan is already trying to teach Cooper Garth songs! He says it's very important! ha ha LOVE ya!!!!

Curtis and Crystal said...

He is so cute. Little boys are so sweet. Crystal

Julie Hall said...

What a great story! Sounds like Hazen has his Daddy wrapped around his finger!